Welcome to the Wiki of the course '''Efficient Route Planning''' in the summer term 2012
The course was given by Prof. Dr. Hannah Bast and took place every Wednesday from 4:15pm until 5:45pm, in seminar room 01-009/13 in building 101. The first lecture was on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 and the last lecture was on Wednesday, July 25, 2012. There was be no lecture on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 (pentecost holidays). That was 13 lectures altogether.
The tutors for this course were Mirko Brodesser (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Eugen Sawin (email@example.com). The responsibles for the supporting systems (Daphne, SVN, Forum, Jenkins) were Jens Hoffmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Axel Lehmann (email@example.com).
Here is the link to Daphne, our course management system.
Here is the link to the Forum (for annoucements and questions).
Here is the link to our CodingStandards.
Here is the link to the slides, video recordings, etc. from last year. Note that the overall contents of this year's lecture will be similar, but that there will be quite a bit of variation / improvement, based on my experiences and the student feedback from last year.
Here is the link to the SVN snapshot of the code files just after the last exercise sheet deadline (June 27, 2012 @ 16:00).
Here is the summary of the official evaluation of the course.
20Aug11 11:00pm: we have corrected your exam, click here for further information.
Lecture Slides, Video Recordings, Exercise Sheets, and Code
Remark about the video recordings: we have prepared videos in different formats, in particular: .m4v, .mp4, and .wmv. If you click on one of the links "Video recording" you get that format of which our script thinks that it best fits your device / operating system / browser. If you explicitly want a particular format, simply copy the link address and add the desired extension by hand.
Lecture 1, Wednesday, April 25, 2012 (Introduction, Organizational, Road Networks, OSM Data): Video recording, Slides, Exercise Sheet 1, Points scheme, Code design suggestions, OSM data Saarland (24-Apr-2012 18:52, bz2-compresssed), OSM data Baden-Württemberg (24-Apr-2012 19:44, bz2-compresssed), Table road types <-> speeds, Table with your "OSM -> graph" results.
Lecture 2, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 (Dijkstra's algorithm, Connected components, Jenkins): Video recording, Slides, Exercise Sheet 2, Points scheme, Code design suggestions, Table with your Dijkstra results.
Lecture 7, Wednesday, June 13, 2012 (Contraction Hierarchies, Part 2): Video recording, Slides, Exercise Sheet 7, Points scheme, Code design suggestions, Table with your Contraction Hierarchies results.
- No lecture on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 (cancelled at short notice because Prof. Bast fell sick due to a vicious viral attack). Deadline for Exercise Sheet 7 was extended by one week, until June 27, 4:00pm.
Lecture 9, Wednesday, July 4, 2012 (Public Transportation Networks, GTFS): Video recording, Slides, Exercise Sheet 9, Points scheme, Code design suggestions, GTFS data Manhattan (03-Jul-2012 21:41, zip-archive), Table with your GTFS results.
Lecture 11, Wednesday, July 18, 2012 (Transfer Patterns, Official Course Evaluation): Video recording, Slides, Exercise Sheet 11, Points scheme, Code design suggestions, GTFS data Hawaii (17-Jul-2012 21:18, zip-archive), Table with your Transfer Patterns results, Evaluation form, please read the instructions below!.
Instructions for filling our the Evaluation Form
1. The evaluation form is a PDF form, please fill it out *electronically*. If possible use the full version of Adobe Acrobat for this (not just the reader). Then you can store the filled out form as a PDF again. With only the reader, saving might not possible. Then you have to print the form as PDF. Note that in that case, any text beyond the 600 letters that fit in one of the free-text boxes is lost. So please stick to that limit in that case.
2. Explicitly *logout* from Daphne, for example via this link (link will be opened in a new tab, afterward go back to this page, so that you can continue to read.) Like this your submission will be anonymous. Without logging out from Daphne, the following steps will not work.
3. Go the forum for the course, for example via this link (also opens in a new tab). The login again as user evaluation with password SS2012.
4. Go to the subforum Efficient Route Planning, SS 2012 -> Official -> Evaluation. Upload your filled out evaluation form there, as an attachment to a random post (which must have a minimal amount of text, consider using your credit card number for that). After the upload, neither you nor any other participant can view the uploaded evaluation form.